Some crazy stuff has happened in the past few weeks. My corporate job finally got the better of me and I decided not to take it anymore. When your boss is being forced to write up everyone on staff for poor sales when everyone in the store knows it was due to having 4 blizzards in one month, I really feel like the big wigs are taking it too far. Hard to sell anything when the store is closed. Just saying. And there’s way more to it than that, but I’ll spare you the juicy details.
For now, I’m a homebody, which means taking the opportunity to improve my own business – book covers. I’ve been looking for new ways to advertise, but there doesn’t seem to be many ways to advertise a web-based business that has no physical address or phone number. That’s something I’ll have to seriously consider.
Here are some of the new things you’ll see at MelchelleDesigns.com:
- Removed the Grunge & Vintage Gallery – That page had very few hits, so I’ve sorted the covers in that gallery into other categories.
- New Background and Header – The old background felt distracting and the new header displays some of the services I offer.
- New Look – Instead of clicking basic gallery titles, I’ve linked graphics displaying sample covers to each gallery for better navigation.
- New Covers – Not just new covers, but I’ve redone old covers as well.
- Open Commissions – I’ve opened up commissions for custom cover art, offering 2-3 weeks (at most) completion time.
If you or an author you know is in the market for a book cover, feel free to consider me.